- Junction 8 of the M4, offering an easy link to London is only a couple of miles away.
- The M4 also provides a simple route into Reading (25 minutes’ drive from Ferndale Park) in the opposite direction.
- Maidenhead is only 10 minutes’ drive away.
The two closest railway stations are:
- Windsor and Eton Riverside, which offers direct routes into Victoria, and Central London via Richmond and Clapham
- Windsor and Eton Central, which offers direct routes into Paddington and Central London via Ealing. This station also offers good connections to Reading and Oxford.
Maidenhead Station is less than 3 miles from Ferndale Park and when the new Crossrail connection is complete, this will give a fantastic upgrade to Windsor and Maidenhead’s connections to London. The plans as they currently stand will be for 4-6 trains per hour from Maidenhead to Central London (and on to Essex) from December 2019 onwards. The best journey time from Maidenhead to Paddington will be around 35 minutes – marvellous!
There is a useful local bus service, stopping immediately outside the park entrance:
- No 16A bus service, which gives regular access to Windsor in one direction and Maidenhead in the other.